Essential Functions of the Job:
- Be able to provide technical direction and lead/collaborate with a group of one or more architects to address a goal.
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared assets
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Guidance of engineering staff and reviews of as-built configurations during construction phase
- Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations
- Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Leadership skills be able to inspire others and persuade
- Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of the organizational structure of the firm to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
- Knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
- Familiar with solution implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Maintains close awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for service offerings and products.
- Position may be eligible for alternative work locations dependent upon team dynamics.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal.
- Position requires accurate and timely tracking of time spent working on projects
- Minimum of 5 years leading teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 15+ years overall IT industry experience
- Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Experience with any of the following: M365, Azure, Azure Stack, Azure AD
- Experience with claims based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
- Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies
- Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, SQL, .NET, Java, etc
- Experience in distilling complex technical challenges to actionable decisions for stakeholders and guiding project teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
- Experience coordinating the intersection of complex system dependencies and interactions
- Experience in solution delivery using common methodologies especially Agile but also Waterfall, Iterative etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry trends and standards
- Exposure to infrastructure and application security technologies and approaches
- Familiarity with requirements gathering techniques.
Certification Requirements (at least one):
Microsoft, ITIL, CCNA , etc.