Covenant Technology Partners provides custom business applications and systems for a wide range of clients using Microsoft’s Dynamics 365. This is a leadership position for Finance Solution delivery within our Business Applications practice in Saint Louis, MO. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strength as an individual contributor, as well as a team leader. The candidate should have an excellent understanding of Dynamics AX 2012 & Dynamics 365 Finance, as well as a strong desire to learn new technologies.
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience working with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and/or D365 Finance and Operations, with at least one project completed in upgrading from AX to D365. The candidate should have a strong understanding of business processes with the ability to recommend solutions to our clients and configure or customize Dynamics 365 to achieve the business requirements. The candidate will be responsible for interacting with key stakeholders leading requirements gathering sessions, consolidating requirements, preparing documentation including FRD’s, FDD’s, project estimates and WBS, and customization and configuration of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. The candidate will be responsible for supervising the work of team resources to help them learn and grow.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Dynamics AX and/or Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations with at least one upgrade project from AX to D365
- Business Analysis:
- Meet with key business stakeholders to understand their business
- Plan and facilitate requirements gathering, elicit functional requirements and recommend best practices in alignment with standard D365 functionality
- Strong writing skills, ability to produce high quality documentation
- Perform gap analysis between current process / requirements and Dynamics 365
- Consolidate and document requirements
- Requirements and Design Documentation: Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Functional Design Document (FDD), Technical Design Document (TDD), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD) and Business Process Flow Diagrams
- Testing Documentation: Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Exceptions, follow up and resolution
- Training: Training plans, training materials, user guides, training delivery
- Setting up Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations, working knowledge of LCS, 3rd party ISV’s and plugins, Azure Dev Ops and Solution Deployment
- Architecting a solution
- Data Modeling and generating the ERD
- Identify potential solutions to meet requirements
- Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations Customization and Configurations
- Strong knowledge of available configurations and ability to guide clients to correct configuration decisions
- Business Logic: Business Process Flows, Business Rules, and Workflow
- System Views, Charts, and Dashboards
- Security Model: Business Units, Security Roles, Teams, Access Teams, Field Level Security
- System Settings
- Data Migration
- Ability to plan and execute a data migration strategy in a wide range of business scenarios
- Understanding of extending D365
- Service Side Automation
- Client-Side Automation
- Out of the box Charts and Reports
- Word and Excel Templates
- Understanding of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations integration methods (Scribe, SSIS, Web services, Dual Write, etc.).
- Go-Live, Post Go Live, and ongoing support
- Supervising team resources to help build their skills and competencies help them learn
- 5+ years of MS Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations experience
- A significant project resource role on at least one AX to D365 F&O Upgrade project
- 5+ years of Business Analysis, consolidating requirements, and Documentation
- 5+ years’ experience in customizing and configuring Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
- 5+ years’ experience with extending D365
- 1+ years architecting solutions
- 1+ years of data migration experience (into D365 F&O)
- 1+ years reporting in D365 F&O
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced use of office automation tools including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Authorized to work for any employer within the United States
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills between both the customer and all levels within the organization are required.
- A friendly and spirited personality that shines through in written and spoken communication, while maintaining an uncompromising level of professionalism
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrated by always being on time to meetings, and always meeting commitments
- Excellent relationship building skills, demonstrated by personal engagement with teammates and clients, frequent use of camera in online meetings, infrequent occurrences of coming off mute to ask that a question be repeated, and similar
- Ambitious, and self-motivated team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a desire to continue to learn new and market leading technologies.
- Must be willing to learn Microsoft Technologies
- Willing to become certified in Microsoft related field
- Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Technology or related field
- Equivalent work history in Technical field also accepted
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Finance Functional Consultant Associate or higher is preferred
- Certification in other Microsoft products a plus
- Preference given to candidates with a proven track record in professional services / consulting
This is a full-time, salaried position.
This job description is a suggested list of skills that will help us in the screening and selection of qualified candidates. It is not required for candidates to meet all described criteria; it is rather desirable for candidates to possess a number of these qualifications.