Information Technology (IT) Managed Services is one of three service Covenant Technology Partners Divisions. As a Managed Services Provider (MSP), we leverage a team with world class technical abilities to provide solutions and software to our clients.
Welcome to our January 2024 IT Blog, where we bring you the latest news, trends, and insights on IT managed services. In this issue, we will cover the:
- Benefits of IT managed services
- Best practices for choosing an IT managed services provider (MSP)
- Covenant Technology Partners Managed Services
- Covenant Expertise Areas
- Covenant IT Divisions
Benefits of IT Managed Services
IT managed services are a form of outsourcing, where a third-party provider takes over the responsibility of managing, maintaining, and securing your IT infrastructure and systems. IT managed services can offer many benefits such as:
- Cost savings: IT managed services can reduce the need for hiring, training, and retaining in-house IT staff, as well as lower the expenses of hardware, software, and maintenance.
- Improved performance: IT managed services can ensure that the IT systems are always up to date, optimized, and compliant with industry best practices and standards.
- Enhanced security: IT managed services can provide proactive monitoring, threat detection, and incident response, as well as implement the latest security tools and policies.
- Increased scalability: IT managed services can adapt to the changing needs and demands of your business, by providing flexible and customized solutions.
- Peace of mind: IT managed services can free up the time and resources of business owners and managers, so they can focus on their core competencies and strategic goals.
Best Practices for Choosing an IT Managed Services Provider
Choosing an IT managed services provider is a critical decision for any business, as it can have a significant impact on success and growth. Here are some best practices to follow when selecting an IT managed services provider:
- Assess your needs: Before you start looking for an IT managed services provider, you should have a clear understanding of your current IT situation, challenges, and goals. You should also identify the specific services and solutions that you need, such as cloud computing, backup and recovery, cybersecurity, etc.
- Do your research: You should look for an IT managed services provider that has the relevant experience, expertise, and reputation in your industry and market. You should also check their credentials, certifications, and references, as well as their online reviews and testimonials.
- Compare your options: You should compare the different IT managed services providers that you have shortlisted, based on their service offerings, pricing, service level agreements, and customer support.
- Make a decision: You should choose an IT managed services provider that meets your needs, expectations, and budget, and that can provide you with a long-term partnership and value. You should also review and sign a contract that clearly outlines the terms and conditions of the service.
Covenant Technology Partners Managed Services
At Covenant, we understand that there are needs for various types of assistance, from ongoing Managed Services to provide expertise in the operation of your IT department to full-blown IT department support. To meet those needs, we have the following types of service:
- Traditional Managed Services
- IT Department
- General Support
- Small Projects
Traditional Managed Services is where you have a help desk that is your first line of technical support for your organization, but you need expertise and assistance with issue escalation, ongoing monitoring, health checks, patching, and other maintenance and proactive tasks. This form of managed services is the core of Covenant’s Managed Services business.
IT Department support is provided when your organization has no IT technical expertise at all and you need a partner to provide these needed services. This is generally what small businesses sometimes require.
General Support is where your organization has an IT department, but you need occasional or regular support expertise that can be accomplished through experts in the field.
Coaching is where your IT team needs guidance on how to implement a particular technology or service.
Small Projects are designed to assist with one-time implementation of a service that amounts to 60 hours or less.
At Covenant, we are prepared to meet any of the Managed Services needs that your organization needs.
Covenant Expertise Areas
- Managed Service Desk
- ITSM Tier-1/2/3 Options
- Microsoft Case Escalation
- Virtual CTO
- Strategic Planning, Technology Roadmap, and Solution Design
- NOC Managed Operations
- Covenant 24×7 Proactive Environment Monitoring
- System Patch Management
- Software and Hardware Asset Inventory
- Cove Data Protection
- Microsoft 365 Managed Backup and Restoration
- Server and Workstation Managed Backup and Restoration
- Windows Patching
- SQL DBA as a Service
- Solution Specific Support
- Microsoft 365
- Application Development (.Net)
- Data Analytics and Power BI
- Dynamics CE
- Dynamics Finance
- Dynamics BC
- Modern Data Center and Azure
- Process and Portals, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Viva
- Security and Compliance, DLP, Endpoint Protection (Intune)
- Managed Service Desk
Covenant IT Divisions
As mentioned previously, Covenant has three divisions that allow us to partner with companies of various sizes. Our divisions are:
- Managed Services, as highlighted here
- Solutions, which are full-blown projects to implement a particular facility at your organization
- Software, allowing us to provide software licensing for Microsoft and some other products
Please reach out to us about any of these services. We will be happy to partner with your organization in providing world-class services.