Business Central leverages ContextIQ to bring data into the flow of work, helping our customers work smarter and increase team performance. However, the efficacy of collaboration within a team, across departments, or on large projects is often impaired by lack of group access to mission-critical data that drives decisions.
Business Central now empowers organizations to choose which of their employees can view specific business data shared with them in Microsoft Teams, without requiring a Business Central license.
While this removes boundaries for collaboration and encourages users to share data with confidence, it also allows administrators to unlock data across the organization so departments that don’t yet use Business Central can self-serve with data they need to complete their tasks.
For Microsoft 365 users that do not have a Business Central license
Microsoft 365 license holders can now read Business Central data through a simplified user interface in Microsoft Teams.
- Access Business Central data embedded in a tab in Teams chat or channels.
- Access Business Central cards that have been shared with you in Teams chat or channels, and drill into card details.
- Read data that you have permission to. Microsoft 365 licenses don’t grant rights to edit, delete, or create new records.
- Simplified UI that supports typical data browsing activities such as search, sort, and drilldown from lists to card details.
For Business Central license holders
Share data confidently and securely in Teams chat and channels, without having to paste screen snippets that risk falling outside of data security boundaries.
Business Central offers the flexibility needed by admins to configure and adapt to how people work across the organization.
- Enable this capability on one or more environments from the Business Central administration center.
- Choose which Microsoft Teams users can access Business Central data.
- Specify which object permissions will be automatically granted on their first contact with Business Central.
- Use Centralized Deployment to deploy the Business Central app for Teams that powers the data sharing and data reading experiences in Microsoft Teams.
Watch the video!
Check out the 30-minute video where the product engineering team at Microsoft shares more details about this new capability.
To access recordings on demand from the Business Central 2022 release wave 2 launch event, register for free at aka.ms/BCLE.